Wagoner County OK Homepage



Mining is not currently permitted in Wagoner County. However, the Oklahoma Department of Mines permits all types of mining to include shale pits. If you own property that would be a good candidate for a mining permit, contact the Oklahoma Department of Mines and consider giving your County Commissioner notice of your plans to plan roadway improvements as necessary. Mining may in the future require a zoning change.

Agricultural & Manufacturing Development

Agricultural and manufacturing practices are exempt from permitting and zoning requirements in Wagoner County (if re-zoning is not required to accomplish the work). No inspections by Wagoner County officials are required for work related to an agricultural or manufacturing practice (Oklahoma State Statute Title 19, Section 866.30).

Right-of-Way Permits

Public utility providers are required to complete a permit to conduct work inside the county right-of-way. Any proposed work is required to meet all utility permit stipulations which can be found on page 2.

Right-of-Way Permit

Lot- Splitting

A lot-split in Wagoner County, the definition differs in the Oklahoma State Statutes based on County population, is a division of land in which the smallest parcels resulting in the split are equal to or greater than 10 acres in area (Oklahoma State Statute Title 19, Section 866.13) as well as requires no alteration or addition of roads, easements, public utility easements, or right-of-way dedication/vacation (Oklahoma State Statute Title 19, Section 866.12).

A lot-split does not require Planning Commission approval and no permits are required. Visit the subdivision page to utilize the flow-chart to aid in determining if a division of land is a subdivision or a lot-split.

Pond Construction

Generally, pond construction is not regulated in Wagoner County unless the construction of the pond is in an area zoned other than agriculture. If a property owner is interested in building a pond on anything other than agricultural property, a drainage report must be completed by a licensed civil engineer, along with a site plan, and submitted for review by the Wagoner County Engineer.

Certificate of Compliance

Certificate of Compliance for the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics (OBN) for new or renewal applications for medical marijuana grows, processing facilities or dispensaries.

Certificate of Compliance (PDF)


Fees cover permit / inspection / fine type, required documentation, and cost.

Fee Schedule (PDF)

View All FAQs
  1. Wagoner County OK Homepage

  1. 307 E Cherokee Street Wagoner, OK 74467

  1. Phone: 918-485-2216

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow